Ignite Church COVID-19 Update | May 11th, 2020
On April 30th, Governor Walz, gave his update to the State of Minnesota about the progress made in the response to COVID-19 and outlined steps moving forward. With this new information, we wanted to keep you updated about what that means for Ignite Church. They are as follows:
- The Stay Home executive order is extended through May 17th
- Even though this order will expire on the 17th (unless extended), Minnesota has adopted the approach of being very slow and careful in reopening. We do not expect the Governor’s office to open up in-person religious services at that time.
- The Governor’s office has laid out the steps in reopening when certain criteria are met as opposed to dates on the calendar.
- You can learn more about it by clicking Here.
While we are all eager to gather again, we are going to follow the recommendations set before us. However, that does not mean that we are going to stop doing what God has called us to do! People are still being reached and Igniters are still doing their part to impact the world. Here are a few stories:
- People reaching out to their neighbors and building relationships
- People who have gone through difficult things are being ministered to.
- We have an outreach for Mother’s Day that is gaining momentum and reaching out far beyond the family of Ignite.
- Our online Foundation class, “Walking with God through pain and suffering” began May 7th and will continue through the end of May.
- You can still receive help or lend a hand through our needs and helps form found Here.
As you can see, the Gospel is not bound. God is still on the move and He is still using His people at Ignite to help people meet, know, and follow Jesus.
As an aside, would you pray for Ignite’s staff, leadership, and me? It is very difficult to make decisions when there is no collective wisdom from experience, ever changing information, and varying approaches available. Please pray that we have God’s wisdom and His leading during this time.
Finally, as we move forward, I want you to know the decisions we are making fueled by the desire to honor Jesus and the love we have for you. We want to make sure that we take the necessary steps to move forward in a way that expresses our deep care and connection we have for each other and the Lord Jesus Christ. I want you to know how thankful I am for all of you. It is such a blessing to be able to be a part of Ignite with you!
“For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers…” Ephesians 1:15-16
Encounter God and Impact the World,